Oh my poor neglected blog. How this whole “being an adult” thing has gotten in the way of updating you!
Since getting back from Regina almost a month ago, I have:
1. Painted my room. It is now a colour called “purple fire” and I quite like it.
2. Assembled a bed frame ALL BY MYSELF. Yes, I’m proud of myself for being able to follow IKEA’s assembly instructions and constructing a piece a furniture that apparently is structurally sound, OK?
3. Applied for several jobs, but technically remain unemployed (I say technically because one clothing store interviewed me and said that they would call me once there were shifts available on the schedule. That was almost a month ago). I have money in my bank account that I can live off of for the summer if I have to, but obviously I would prefer to have a job. So the job search continues.
4. Been slowly learning how to cook. Highlights include making pesto with WAY too much garlic in it and a completely inedible omelette.
5. TURNED 20 YEARS OLD last Friday (May 25). On Thursday night, my housemate and I went to bar in downtown Guelph that has an unofficial “queer night” on Thursdays. For a while, we hung out on the patio and I counted down the minutes until it was midnight. When it was midnight, my housemate and I cheered loudly, which made everyone look at us weird, but whatever BECAUSE IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY. After that, we went inside, got drunk, and danced. Another friend showed up after she got off work as well!
After the bar closed, my housemate and I decided to walk back to our house instead of taking a cab because it was still warm out. The walk from downtown to our house takes about an hour, but we actually had a lot of fun doing it. We petted a cat, stopped at a river, and some late-night grocery shopping before getting back to the house.
Nothing really exciting happened during the day on Friday. Some clothes that I ordered from Forever 21 (including the wonderfully oversized plaid shirt that I’m wearing right now) got delivered to my house. I bought food for the party at the Shoppers Drug Mart near my house and accidentally broke a jar of salsa at the check out counter. Normal things for me.
On Friday night, my housemates and I had a party at the house. It wasn’t a huge party because it was just my housemates and my friend that came to the bar who were there with me, but it was still lots of fun. We all get super drunk before making a cake and watching YouTube videos. Although I was probably the most drunk out of all of us at the time, I insisted on being the one to write “Happy Birthday Wednesday” on the cake in icing. It…uhh…didn’t turn out well, so my friend fixed it by writing “Happy 20th” over top. And I didn’t have a hangover the next morning (although I haven’t had a hangover since the first time I ever got drunk so that was nothing new). So overall I had an awesome birthday!
AND to make up for my lack of updates to my blog lately, I’m going to (or at the very least attempt to) post a blog entry EVERY SINGLE DAY for the entire month of June. I already have several ideas for posts sitting the “drafts” sections of my WordPress dashboard, so I can finally make those into posts, and hopefully I get more ideas as I go. GET EXCITED AND WISH ME LUCK!